Thursday, May 17, 2007

There's Something Living in These Lines

Hi everyone,

Here I am relatively unscathed from the finals season. One thing in that sentence is true, the other is not. Either way I have quite a few stories and a 1970s LP with attractive women on it out of the (somewhat shoddy) deal.

I am however back in Auburn. Fighting a hangover all flight, I get back and I ride 30 miles on the bike in Folsom. I am living in extremes if not in perfect insanity. It was hot. I am hell of tired and sore.

It's nice to be back--after all the end of the year hurriedness I was looking forward to being here for weeks--the hills are a slightly green version of their soon-to-be sunburned selves. I miss Portland. Well, I miss the farmer's market and wandering around Southeast by myself. Auburn doesn't have a soundtrack yet: Los Angeles was the snaps and the beats of Animal Collective; Portland was the freckles and seashells of "Ladies of the Canyon." What will Auburn be? Because two months stretches on in front of me forever, I freaked out while soaping my arms in the shower.
I think I want to go back to Jersey for half the summer to TA a class on reproductive politics. This will involve some finagling and such, but I think I need to do it for CV growth, teaching experience, access to libraries to do some research, access to Cyndi for some mentoring. And friends.
Things I Most Certainly Want to Do:
(1) Cabin with Hayley during Memorial Day
(2) NW trip to see Liz and Amanda
(3) Riding of the bicycle all over hills and across cities
(4) Support my caffeine addiction
(5) Freckles
(6) Los Angeles
(7) Ride the train
Thing I Most Certainly Don't Want to Do:
(1) Revisit shadows and ghosts
(2) Work in mortgage
(3) Go see the dentist

xoxo

me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...where is Auburn?

Erin said...

20 miles north of sacramento. hold me.

yeaaahtoast said...

I smell a train ride in someone's future. And it might be me! Or you! Or both! But not at the same time in different directions!