Wednesday, February 27, 2008
OMG. The last six months in one post!
August
-Moved out of the Highland Park house, began missing my awesome housemates immediately.
-Almost drop an air conditioner out of a second story window.
-Get addicted to watching "The L Word" when not driving to Philadelphia or researching egg donation.
-Went to my first APSA (American Political Science Association) Conference in Chicago. This was more of an excuse to go to Chicago than anything else. Can I move to Chi-Town now?
-Changed my cell phone number. Insert juicy details here.
September
-Begin my second year as a political scientist.
-Amanda and Liz visit!!! Three exclamation points. Groundhogs, Princeton, sleeping, I love you guys.
-Make a fool out of myself at Orientation party, proceed to get really drunk and scrape my elbow.
-First house party in Old Gibbons House 20. We make jello shots, however the party is less rowdy than it should have been due to aforementioned Political Science Dept. Orientation the night before.
-Karaoke for the first time. Yes, like ever.
-Among the new people I meet, I wonder if this guy Mark is gay.
-Secrets. If I told you, internet, I'd have to kill you.
-My parents visit. They think my nervousness is due to the fact that I'm trying to come out as a lesbian. While I have contemplated this, and how it would make my life easier in some respects, it is not the case.
October
-Parents decide I'm crazy for aforementioned behavior(s). While parent decides not to speak to me for a week, s/he comes around.
-Tumultu-osity. I donate bedsheets, a comforter, and a pillow to the project.
-I throw up a lot after drinking, several times. This is not very dignified.
-I wonder if life could get any weirder.
-Wince when I write, "I became intoxicated, in love." Because yes, it was unexpected.
-I finally turn in the paper I was supposed to turn in for summer class.
November
-All I can really remember is Thanksgiving.
-Oh, and Sara's friend Kate came to visit and that was really fun.
-I'm sure I saw Paige a few times this month, too.
December
-Although life was quite exciting, papers needed to be finished.
-Thus, I lock myself into Final Paper Sweatshop (211 George Street) and finish everything on time.
-I go bowling and get three strikes in a row. I learn this is called a "turkey."
-I go home. I realize I am vaguely addicted to smoking cigarettes and am generally cranky the entire time I am home.
January
-I see Lucas for the first time in a year.
-The drive to and from LA is long, and I realize as I drive back up through the Grapevine I may not be back for a while.
-I go back to the 'Bruns early, and act indulgent for three weeks.
-I go to Chuck E. Cheese. I haven't been since I was 8 or 9 years old.
-I go and see Paige in the city.
-I get really really into Vampire Weekend. Later, I will see them in Philadelphia.
-School starts again. Last semester of classes.
-I begin my research project again, get accepted at my first political science conference in San Diego (March 20).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
im impressed you can remember that much stuff. you must be cheating and keeping an analogue journal.
welcome back to the interwebs (thanks mahea).
YES, ERIN LIKES GURLZ!?!?!?
You're my dream chick! Too bad i still got Evan on my heels. :)
Glad you're life has been busy, we must come visit some time. Life must be strange and unusual on THAT side of the country!
Your political conference in San Diego's coming up....you excited??
More blog entries, plz.
kthanxbai!
Post a Comment