R(sub y)(sub x): the correlation coefficient in a sample.
Partial correlation coefficient: a measure of association for continuous variabless that shows the magnitude and direction of covariation between two variables that remains after the effects of a control variable have been held constant.
Sigh. Last statistics exam tomorrow, and I'm not going to pretend that I understood everything that I just typed. Medicrity rules, people...I'm trying to get out of this finals period alive. Head down, everyone. It's almost festivus!
What my life is like, right now, besides the above: Hearing the lowest vocal registers of the woman who lives on the floor above me. It's almost like in Peanuts, when the teacher's voice is a trombone? I don't want to hear what she is saying, I have shit to do, but man if I'm going to be hearing all the low tones in her voice I might as well be hearing everything. Whoooh whoooh whoooh. She slams around at 2 am, then again at 7am. Does she sleep? What does her voice really sound like? Does she move her dresser across the floor every night as the dull scrape around 9:45PM suggests? Maybe it's time to turn on some music. This isn't exactly what I wanted to write about tonight.
So right now, it's one down three papers to go. I'm feeling really optimistic: once classes are over, and the sadism of assigning a BOOK the last week of class (!) is over, I can be the writing MACHINE! Saw the shrink today, yes I am one of those early twenty-somethings, felt better looking at http://cutethingsfallingasleep.blogspot.com than talking to the slightly grim grey Jersey lady who threw some manual of Mental Health Disorders (TM) at me.
Random tangent for my Angelenos:
There will be drinking, there will be merrymaking the 31st of December with your friends from the (wrong) coast. Let me know if any plans are simmering. All I know is, don't let Mahea buy the table Kamikaze shots.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm going to be at Live Jazz on New Year's Eve so I'm going to have to meet up with you guys after the ball drops.
You better be up late or I will hunt you down and wake all of you out of your drunken slumbers.
Now now, my shots are just little liquid lumps of love. Don't hate!
Are we All Star-ing it again? Cause nothing says new years like drunken karaoke at a dive bar!
Post a Comment