Thursday, February 1, 2007

guess I'm doing fine.

Today (was) our anniversary. I've dreaded today for almost two weeks. But today was nice; nice in the sense that I was happy, I went to class and laughed, and I went out to dinner and drank beer and ate bolis and told stories. I looked up today and the sky was low, the clouds were mean* and it was snowing lightly. It was clear that today would keep going, tomorrow will keep going, and the little flakes will come down and blanket everything with white. I will wake up tomorrow secretly delighted at the dusting, seeing everything quiet, muffled by the snow.

*: The sky is low, the clouds are mean,
A travelling flake of snow
Across a barn or through a rut
Debates if it will go.

A narrow wind complains all day
How some one treated him;
Nature, like us, is sometimes caught
Without her diadem.

-Emily Dickinson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even when just stating her thoughts, Erin cites her sources.

yeaaahtoast said...

Cited like an english major at heart...
What is bolis and where can i get some???
Though it remains a paradox to my people till this day, i hear that snow is good for the soul. You should go outside, scoop up a cup and pour some simple syrup on it. Freeeeeee snowcooooooones!!!