Monday, February 19, 2007

Things could be different, but they're not.

Ok so life is good.
No seriously, stop laughing: it is!

So I bought "Hissing Fauna, are You the Destroyer?", the new one by Of Montreal. Stop what you are doing and buy it, it's amazing. I haven't felt this way about an album in a really, really long time. I've been listening to it on repeat for the last three days. NICO! THIS MEANS YOU! (Unless you already have it. In that case, disregard.) It's all electronic fizzes and twee bubbles popping against lyrics about Norway, estrangement, and depression. It's the music where you put on the big can headphones and lay on your bed and close your eyes and feel the synth. Stop laughing.
Due to some unforseen circumstances, I also realized as impatient as I am, I'm not ready to date yet. More on this later as time passes and my heart heals.
An old friend from Amsterdam, P, informed me that five (!) of my Amsterdam/abroad-friends are going to be in the city this week and we are all getting together and imbibing and reminiscing.
P and I will also be eating cupcakes, going to MoMA (FINALLY!) and watching French New-Wave movies. This weekend.

It's like I finally came up for air; I took today and swung it up over my shoulder. Lacy knickers are drying on the radiator, Velvet Underground is playing on my turntable, and my legs ache from swim practice. Horray, people, horray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Duly noted, queued for download. ;)