Sunday, June 10, 2007

I saw...

...some of the most badass tats ever today. Imagine if you will, a snarling tiger coming out of a gash on a hairy dude's back. "Tribal" arm bands. tat depictions of hands spelling out BLOOD on an upper back. various female lower-back atrocities (fairies, butterflies, testaments to dead children.)

Thank you gods above for giving Auburn a water park, I believe my short life is now complete--racing my 13 year old cousin down the "sixshooter." DUDE, THAT SHIT IS FUN!

Also went and saw Menomena in sactown--folks in LA (attn: nico, i think you'd esp dig it), they are a fun $10 band.
[sidenote: is anyone else noticing my clumsy grammar? for this, i apologize]. talked to the drummer, he was what one would expect: cute and shy in a particularly Northwestern sort of way*. Couldn't believe the venue was only half-full, considering they've sold out in other places.

Still working on LA plans. damnit, this needs to happen.



*(I wrote a blog about these types of NW guys once, I should find it.)

2 comments:

SnrIncognito said...

two things i love: water parks, and lumping a large population of tatoos into the category "lower-back attrocities".

Anonymous said...

I need a lower back atrocity, but one that reads "WHY ARE YOU LOOKING HERE!? THIS SOME DUDE'S ARSE."

In gothic calligraphy.